As some of you know, I’m on the Sewing Summit team this year. While Erin and I can’t decide on my exact title, we’ll say I’m something like the teacher coordinator (or Admiral of Instruction).
I have a little Valentine’s Day tutorial to share!
Heart Shaped Box Mini – Quilt! Measures 17″ x 23″
Last month I was super lucky and won the Traveling Stash giveaway from Kelly’s blog. It’s a box filled with random fabric, notions, books, etc called the Traveling Stash. You can read more about it here. If you win the box, you can remove whatever you like and add items from your own stash before you pass it along!
Here is a picture of what Kelly included. (stolen from her blog. I totally kept the Swoon pattern).
I liked some, so I pulled those out, and have left the rest in there for you to win! Of course I added some goodies too. (Sorry about the terrible photos. My DSLR is still packed somewhere. :()
But I wasn’t really sure what you might want. So I’ll finish stuffing the box with some of the FQs once I get an idea of what you are into.
1. an active blogger
2. a US resident
3. You must promise to fill the box back up after you have taken out what you’d like to keep!
We’ve been so lucky to have some great sponsors and prizes for the challenge. We will have 6(!) winners – 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places for each of the 2 categories.
Here we are in 2012. I really can’t believe it!! Let’s get the year started right with a little Challenge!
<div align=”center”><a href=”http://www.flickr.com/groups/tangerinechallenge/pool/with/6513478559/” title=”Tangerine Tango Quilt Challenge”><img src=”http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7010/6513478559_052215764b_m.jpg” alt=”Tangerine Tango Quilt Challenge” style=”border:none;” /></a></div>
4. Entries should be complete & posted in the correct “Official Entries” thread by midnight PST on March 2nd, 2012.
1. Alexander Henry Heath in Paprika
2. Orange Helicopters from Echino
3. Meadow Orange from Heather Ross for Kokka
4. Moda Bella Solid in Orange
5. Half Moon Modern Leaves in Tangerine
6. Half Moon Modern Chevron in Tangerine
7. Laura Gunn’s Painters Canvas in Orange
8. Lizzy House Outfoxed Jewels in Orange
9. & 10. 2 prints from City Weekend by Oliver & S, and last but not least,
11. On the Go in Coral from Sarah Jane’s Children at Play Collection
From Fat Quarter Shop: 12 FQs for $39.00
1. Treasures and Tidbits Orange Tiny Florals and Dots
2. Remix Tangerine Scatter Dots
3. Essential Dots Tangerine
4. Fairy Tale Friends Orange Pin Dot
5. Michael Miller Tangerine Cotton Couture Solid
6. Pure Organic Orange Solid
7. Safari Sweet Organic Dark Orange Solid
8. Kona Cotton Tangerine
9. Sweet on NYC Orange Swirl
10. Flora Tangerine Feathers
11. Bella Solids Betty’s Orange
12. Flora Tangerine Lattice